It’s not easy when a counselor who’s meeting a traumatized family only possesses the tools to treat the individual child. Until now, systemic treatment for the traumatized family has been limited.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Tool #1 - The Symptom/Stress Chart: How you can quickly assess the top underlying reasons why the child and family is traumatized
- Tool #2 - The Seed/Tree Diagram: How to use a visual apple tree metaphor to help the family discover what are called “undercurrents” or the main drivers that cause the child’s symptoms (i.e., depression, self-harm, reactive attachment disorder, suicidal thoughts, etc.)
- Tool #3 - The Choice Between Stabilization or Direct Trauma Work First: Learn the top 3 rules of thumb to set the goals of therapy based on the all important decision of stabilization first through behavioral contracts or what is called trauma or wound work through the use of “wound playbooks”
Video case examples of each tool will be presented to facilitate discussion and mastery of these techniques.
Webinar Course Objectives
- Participants will learn the core theory tenets of the Family Systems Trauma (FST) Model
- Participants will understand the key differences and clinical advantages of treating the Traumatized Family, Not Just the Traumatized Child
- Participants will see a video case study of the FST Model in action and identify the key techniques and principles of the FST model used
- Participants will have the ability to ask questions and engage in an interactive (Q & A) Question and Answer dialogue with Dr. Scott Sells
Who should attend
Psychologists, counsellors, psychotherapists, coaches – any professional who is providing services online.
REGISTER FOR SCOTT'S WEBINAR NOW